When I teach classes on personal finance, I am often asked what advice I have for couples regarding how to manage finances together. Research shows that most couples cite money as their top reason for arguing, with debt generally the most common culprit.
Managing money together and paying off debt is proven to enhance stability and marital satisfaction. So how can couples come together and manage money together? It’s not as hard as you may think, but it does take a cooperative approach and utilizing each other’s strengths.
Love is a choice. So just like love is a choice. We’re going to have to choose to know when to stand our ground and when to let go.”
Here’s a sneak peek of the convo:
- [01:48] How men and women view money differently, mostly because they process problems from different perspectives and from their individual personality.
- [6:09] How to start the communication process about managing money together.
- [9:12] Steps to take so you can make financial decisions together.
- [13:32] How to get on the same page about financial priorities and creating goals together..
- [16:27] Utilize each other’s strengths when managing money together.
- [17:29] One way to completely eliminate money fights or tensions altogether.
- [20:27] No matter what, remember this one thing and exercise it every day.
Click here to listen to the episode now!
This episode is brought to you by my masterclass, The Battle Plan for Your Best Year Ever. Are YOU ready to be debt-free, make or save more money so you can achieve the financial freedom you dream about? If you are nodding your head yes, then join Laura on this FREE masterclass, where she gives you 7 “financially-freeing” strategies that you can implement now to completely turn your finances around this year. Click here to join the next class.
SUBSCRIBE: Have you subscribed to the podcast show yet? If not, why the heck not? I don’t want you to miss out on one episode that has the power to change your life. So here’s your friendly reminder to subscribe today in iTunes. Click here to subscribe now!
SHARE THE LOVE: If you are loving this show, would you be so kind as to do me 2 favors? Share this episode with a friend or two who you know will also benefit from today’s episode. Next, I’d be honored if you would take a few minutes and leave me a review over on iTunes of how the show has benefitted you. Those reviews not only help me bring you better content, but they also help others find the podcast so they are being blessed too. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know your favorite part of the podcast. Thank you so much!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Hang Out With Laura
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST:
Download a Transcript Download on iTunes